Class Policies for Maryland Hall’s Education Program: Art, Dance, Wellness Classes
To ensure a great experience taking a class or workshop at Maryland Hall, please review our class policies.
What if my class is canceled?
Classes may be canceled if sufficient enrollment is not reached by the start of the class. You will receive a full refund including the tuition, membership and any additional fees. To help ensure that your class will not be canceled, please register early. Maryland Hall does not pro-rate classes or offer drop-in classes.
What if I wish to withdraw from a class or camp?
Membership, registration and material fees are non-refundable. Tuition fees are fully refunded for canceled classes.
- If you wish to withdraw from a class or camp, there is a $5 service charge and students should contact the Education Department at least 7 days prior to the start date of your class for a 100% refund of tuition.
- If you wish to withdraw from a class or camp within 7 days before the start date, there is a 50% refund of tuition.
- No refunds are issued after the first class takes place.
- No class or tuition credits.
NOTE: There is a $5 service charge for all refunds except refunds for canceled classes. Maryland Hall reserves the right to charge $35 for all checks that are returned due to insufficient funds. Refunds may take up to two weeks to process.
*Please note our new refund policies implemented in April 2021.*
Is there a COVID-19 Refund policy?
If a class must be cancelled due to a Teaching Artist testing positive, having to quarantine or be isolated, the Teaching Artist will do their best to schedule make up classes. If this is not possible, Maryland Hall will offer pro-rated refunds to enrolled students for the cancelled class(es). If a student is forced to miss a class session or leave a class early due to their own quarantine or isolation per our COVID-19 Safety Policies, they will not be eligible for a refund for classes missed. However, if we receive notice 7 days or more in advance of the start date of the class that they will need to drop a class in its entirety due to quarantine or isolation, they will be eligible for a full refund.
What if a student tests positive for COVID-19?
- Students who test positive for COVID-19 should contact the MD Hall Education Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or your MD Hall Teaching Artist immediately.
- You can return to Maryland Hall 10 days after you receive a negative COVID-19 test result and you are no longer exhibiting symptoms, or once you have received two negatives tests at least 24 hours apart
- If you continue to show symptoms, you may need longer than 10 days before returning to public and community spaces. Consult your healthcare provider.
- If we see that you are experiencing symptoms, you will be asked to leave in order to protect the health and safety of your fellow classmates, teachers and our staff.
- If you do not follow these protocols, you will also be asked to leave the facility and may not be allowed back for future classes or programs. You may also not be eligible for refunds for fees already paid.
Pick up & drop off procedure for children under 12:
Parents/caregivers of children under the age of 12 are required to escort their children to and from class and sign them in and out. Special pickup arrangements must be communicated to the teacher prior to the class.
Inclement Weather Policy for MD Hall Classes
Maryland Hall posts closure information due to weather on the homepage of our website. Closures or schedule adjustments due to weather are posted to the site as soon as decisions are made.
Maryland Hall follows the Anne Arundel County Public Schools (AACPS) inclement weather policy for all classes held before noon, Monday through Friday.
- If AACPS are closed all day (code red or code blue), MD Hall will NOT have classes.
- If AACPS are open one or two hours late, classes held before noon at MD Hall are canceled.
- If AACPS dismiss early, MD Hall will determine whether or not MD Hall afternoon and evening classes will take place.
- If AACPS cancels after-school activities, please check the MD Hall website as MD Hall will determine whether or not MD Hall afternoon and evening classes will take place.
- For status of Saturday/Sunday classes, please check the MD Hall website.
Student Behavior Policy
To ensure a pleasant artistic experience for all of our students, we ask that they uphold the following Student Behavior Policy:
- Students are expected to come prepared for and to participate in class.
- Students are expected to treat the faculty, building and fellow students with respect.
- Students are not allowed to possess or consume alcohol or controlled substances in or around the building.
- Smoking is prohibited inside the building and within 150 feet of the building.
- Students who are consistently disruptive during class time may be asked not to return by the instructor. No refunds will be issued.
When you register (or register your child) for a Maryland Hall class, you release Maryland Hall from any liability, claims, judgments or demands arising as a result of any course of instruction or supervision at Maryland Hall. By registering for a class, students and parents are giving consent for their images or children's images to be used in publicity material. If you choose to not have your image (or your child's image) used, please contact the Education Department.