Covid-19 Response Plan & Policies
Maryland Hall is not open to the general public at this time. Only Art Things patrons or those with an appointment (including registered students) are admitted inside Maryland Hall. Visitors are buzzed into the building; there is no open access for walk-in visitors. MD Hall Staff are working remotely and happy to help you from a distance. The Guest Services Center is not open for in-person visits.
- The Cafe at Maryland Hall is offering curbside service (Details)
- Art Things is open (Details)
- The Galleries remain closed through the end of 2020. They will reopen in January 2021. Please enjoy our exhibits virtually.
- To request an appointment, please contact the organization you wish to visit.
- In October 2020 we began welcoming back audiences to enjoy outdoor performances and events. We plan to reopen our indoor theaters in 2021.
- Our outdoor campus is always open.
For Students: Fall & Winter/Spring Class Update
We are committed to offering a robust hybrid program including virtual classes, small on-site classes and seasonally appropriate outdoor classes. If you are attending a class on-site, please review the policies on this page. Detailed information will also be emailed to you in advance of your class.
The health and safety of our patrons, teachers, volunteers and staff remain our top priority and we will continue to re-evaluate how we can best creatively serve your artistic needs while balancing community health.
For Building Visitors: Must Know Info Before Your Visit
Masks must be worn by staff, building users, students, parents, and visitors at all times while inside the building. If you do not have one, one will be provided.
- The only open entrance to the building is in the rear, parking lot C. Visitors are buzzed into the building and must be wearing a mask (ages 5 and older) prior to entry.
- All visitors must sanitize their hands upon entrance.
- Stairwells are assigned a one way direction: going up or going down.
- Follow directional arrows in hallways and common areas.
Visitors are asked to remain at home if any of the following apply:
- Any person with a temperature of 100.4 or more
- Any person showing signs of illness, or having any clinical symptoms in the last 14 days, that may be associated with COVID-19
- Any person who has been at risk of exposure or close contact to anyone who has had a laboratory confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis
Expanded Cleaning Protocol
• Expand cleaning of MD Hall restrooms and hallways.
• Hand sanitizer provided in common areas.
• All restrooms and commonly-touched areas are wiped down on an ongoing basis.
For Front Stairs Concert (Outdoor Events) Guests: Must Know Info Before Your Visit
We appreciate your support and understanding as we navigate ways to safely deliver the arts to you.
(Updated: November 23, 2020)
Please contact us with any questions. We're happy to hear from you.