Covid-19 Response Plan & Policies
Amidst the ongoing effects of COVID-19, we continue to prioritize the health and well-being of our patrons, artists, volunteers, staff, and the community. We are committed to following national and local guidelines for safety while providing the best patron experience for your visit or class.
Please review this entire page when planning your visit to Maryland Hall.
By purchasing event tickets or registering for a class, you are acknowledging that health or safety requirements are subject to change and may be different by the time of your event or class.
Current Mask & Vaccine Policy:
- Masks are optional inside our building and theaters.*
- *Masks are still required for a small number of classes due to Teaching Artists’ individual circumstances. This is noted in the class description where applicable.
- Individual shows may have different mask and vaccine and/or testing requirements. The specifics of each event’s requirements appear on that show’s event page on this website and must be agreed to upon ticket purchase. Ticket purchasers are responsible for communicating these rules to whomever they provide tickets.
- Current Vaccine/Testing Requirements for Resident Companies:
- Annapolis Opera - Masks are encouraged for all performances but are optional inside the building and theaters. Please visit the Annapolis Opera's website for more information.
- Annapolis Symphony Orchestra - Masks and vaccinations are optional, but strongly encouraged inside the theatre during the performance. Please visit the Symphony's website for more information.
- Live Arts Maryland/Annapolis Chorale - Masks are optional, but strongly encouraged for audience members. Please contact Live Arts Maryland at email@example.com for more information
For Performances in the Theaters:
- Food and drink are not allowed inside the theater and must be consumed on the first floor.
- Seating is at full capacity for all shows and not socially distanced unless otherwise specified in the event description. Actual audience capacities are determined by ticket sales (some shows may have smaller or larger audiences than others).
In registering yourself or your child for a class, you agree to follow the Maryland Hall Guidelines on this page.
Please remain at home if any of the following apply:
- Any person with a temperature of 100.4 or more
- Any person showing signs of illness, or having any clinical symptoms in the last 5 days, that may be associated with COVID-19.
- Students who test positive for COVID-19 should contact the MD Hall Education Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or your MD Hall Teaching Artist. Consult your healthcare provider about your safe return to Maryland Hall. Generally, you can return to Maryland Hall after you receive a negative COVID-19 test result and you are no longer exhibiting symptoms.
- The Guest Services Center is open to assist patrons during the following hours only: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursdays 10 am-4 pm & 1 hour prior to show times.
- The Cafe at Maryland Hall is open for full service.
- The Galleries are open during normal operating hours (9 am-9 pm).
(Updated: July 6, 2022)
PLEASE NOTE: These protocols are subject to change in compliance with revisions to national and local guidelines regarding COVID-19. While we will provide the most up-to-date public health procedures to improve patron safety, they are not an absolute protection against contracting COVID-19. Patrons assume their own risk by entering the facility.
Please contact us with any questions. We're happy to hear from you.