Covid-19 Response Plan & Policies
Amidst the ongoing effects of COVID-19, we continue to prioritize the health and well-being of our patrons, artists, volunteers, staff, and the community. We are committed to following national and local guidelines for safety while providing the best patron experience for your visit or class.
Please review this entire page when planning your visit to Maryland Hall.
Current Mask & Vaccine Policy:
Masks are REQUIRED for all people inside our building and theaters regardless of vaccination status.
- Vaccine Requirements: Please see Performance Policies below for details on which presenters currently require proof of vaccination.
- North Entrance on the side of the building that faces Carraway Lane (near the Art Things sign).
- Rear of building from parking lot C.
- These two entrances are open during regular hours. All exits are open for emergency access.
- The Cafe at Maryland Hall is open for full service and curbside service. (Details)
- The Galleries are open during normal business hours.
- The Guest Services Center is open to assist patrons during the following hours only: Monday, Wednesday, Fridays 11 am-4 pm & 1 hour prior to show times.
- Art Things is closed until further notice.
- Our outdoor campus is always open.
For Performances in the Theaters (Indoors):
- Masks are required for all people inside our building regardless of vaccination status. Masks are required to be worn at all times inside the theater.
- VACCINE REQUIREMENT: Patrons are required to show proof of vaccination for the following performances only:
- Annapolis Opera - proof of full vaccination
- Annapolis Symphony Orchestra - proof of full vaccination
- Live Arts Maryland/Annapolis Chorale - proof of full vaccination or negative test result within 72 hours
- Please contact Live Arts Maryland at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- Food and drink are not allowed inside the theater and must be consumed on the first floor.
- Seating is at full capacity for all shows and not socially distanced unless otherwise specified in the event description. Actual audience capacities are determined by ticket sales (some shows may have smaller or larger audiences than others).
For Front Stairs Series (Outdoor Events):
Our Fall classes are open for registration online.
Class schedules are subject to change in accordance with the guidelines issued by the CDC and the Anne Arundel Health Department regarding the COVID-19 pandemic.
In registering yourself or your child for an on-site or outdoor class, you agree to follow the Maryland Hall COVID-19 Guidelines on this page. Detailed information will also be emailed to you in advance of your class.
If a student tests positive for COVID-19, please read our policies including the COVID-19 class/camp refund policy here.
Please remain at home if any of the following apply:
- Any person with a temperature of 100.4 or more
- Any person showing signs of illness, or having any clinical symptoms in the last 14 days, that may be associated with COVID-19
- Any person who has been at risk of exposure or close contact to anyone who has had a laboratory confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis
Expanded Cleaning Protocol
- Expanded cleaning of MD Hall restrooms and hallways is in place
- Hand sanitizer provided in common areas
- All restrooms and commonly-touched areas are wiped down on an ongoing basis
(Updated: October 11, 2021)
PLEASE NOTE: These protocols are subject to change in compliance with revisions to national and local guidelines regarding COVID-19. While we will provide the most up-to-date public health procedures to improve patron safety, they are not an absolute protection against contracting COVID-19. Patrons assume their own risk by entering the facility.
Please contact us with any questions. We're happy to hear from you.