Covid-19 Response Plan & Policies
Maryland Hall is open to patrons and the general public on a limited basis to keep our community safe. Please review this entire page when planning your visit. You may need to buzz into the building; there is no regular open access for walk-in visitors. Not all entrances are open. Please enter from rear of building, parking lot C. During Gallery Hours only, the front lower entrance will also be open.
- The Galleries are open during Gallery Hours only: Wednesdays & Fridays: 3:30-6:30 pm. Please read details below. Hours are subject to change.
- Art Things is open (Details). Please enter from rear of building, parking lot C.
- The Cafe at Maryland Hall is offering curbside service (Details)
- The Guest Services Center is not open for in-person visits. MD Hall Staff are working remotely and happy to help you virtually.
- Our outdoor campus is always open.
For Gallery Visitors:
Guests (with masks required) are invited to visit us during Gallery Hours: Wednesdays & Fridays, 3:30-6:30 pm only. The main open entrance is in the front of the building, lower level. Accessible entrance is in rear of building, parking lot C. Visits are self guided and our spacious building allows room for social distancing. Please note hours and policies are subject to change based on local health restrictions. While we cannot host a traditional gallery reception, we are planning virtual programming.
For Students: Winter/Spring Class Update
We are offering a robust hybrid program including small on-site classes and virtual classes. New this year, classes are being added on an ongoing basis. Our virtual Winter/Spring catalog is now online.
Class schedules are subject to change in accordance with the guidelines issued by the CDC and the Anne Arundel Health Department regarding the COVID-19 pandemic.
In registering yourself or your child for an on-site or outdoor class, you agree to follow the Maryland Hall COVID-19 Guidelines on this page. Detailed information will also be emailed to you in advance of your class.
For All Building Visitors: Must Know Info Before Your Visit
Masks must be worn by staff, building users, students, parents, and visitors at all times while inside the building. If you do not have one, one will be provided.
- The only regularly open entrance to the building is in the rear, parking lot C. Visitors are buzzed into the building and must be wearing a mask (ages 5 and older) prior to entry. During Gallery Hours, the lower front entrance is open.
- All visitors must sanitize their hands upon entrance.
- Stairwells are assigned a one way direction: going up or going down.
- Follow directional arrows in hallways and common areas.
Visitors are asked to remain at home if any of the following apply:
- Any person with a temperature of 100.4 or more
- Any person showing signs of illness, or having any clinical symptoms in the last 14 days, that may be associated with COVID-19
- Any person who has been at risk of exposure or close contact to anyone who has had a laboratory confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis
Expanded Cleaning Protocol
- Expand cleaning of MD Hall restrooms and hallways.
- Hand sanitizer provided in common areas.
- All restrooms and commonly-touched areas are wiped down on an ongoing basis.
For Front Stairs Series (Outdoor Events) Guests: Must Know Info Before Your Visit
We appreciate your support and understanding as we navigate ways to safely deliver the arts to you.
(Updated: March 2, 2021)
Please contact us with any questions. We're happy to hear from you.