Maryland Hall Exhibitions: Public Art Town Hall
Our Call to Community Seeks Community Input in Planning New Local Public Arts Projects!
MARYLAND HALL EXHIBITIONS
PUBLIC ART TOWN HALL: A CALL TO COMMUNITY
Maryland Hall is seeking community input in planning new local public arts projects.
We aim to bring dynamic contemporary art to a broad audience in Annapolis and beyond and expand public experience with visual art. Maryland Hall invites the greater Annapolis community to a Town Hall to gather their feedback on a three-dimensional Public Artwork project to be exhibited on our Front Lawn.
We seek to start the dialogue with our community on the goals and themes of this project proposal. If Maryland Hall is awarded the grant, a project committee will be formed with stakeholders for the visioning process, which includes conducting community engagement activities, further developing artwork goals and themes, identifying artwork site locations, and administering a Call to Artists for artist selection.
GOALS AND THEMES OF THE PROJECT
We aim to support a project that:
- contributes to the character of our community
- creates a sense of place and inclusion,
- activate theMaryland Hall Front Lawn to welcome public access to green spaces
- inspires new relationships and fosters communication.
We identify three themes that this project can embody:
- Ecological sustainability and environmental justice
- Addressing the history and legacies of exclusion
- Fostering and promoting mental health
We would particularly like to invite individuals and representatives from the following organizations and affinity groups:
- Arts organizations
- Advocacy groups
- Environmental organizations and activists
- Civil Rights organizations and activists
- Mental Health specialists and activists
- Public Schools
- Immediate neighbors of Maryland Hall
- Maryland Hall partners and resident companies
- Maryland Hall Artists in Residences
- Maryland Hall Teaching Artists
RSVP Form: https://forms.gle/2cFAc1yNWEX88TPM8
Inquiries: Director of Programming, Bilgesu Sisman - firstname.lastname@example.org or 442-714-8103