Movers and Shakers
A fundraising dance competition featuring elected officials, artists, activists, business owners, philanthropists and community leaders of Anne Arundel County!
Maryland Hall and the Benjamin Mario Shadrick Foundation present “Movers & Shakers”, a fundraising dance competition featuring local elected officials, artists, activists, business owners, philanthropists and community leaders of Anne Arundel County. The event takes place on Saturday, November 18, 2023, in the Main Theater at Maryland Hall. Six dancers will learn how to dance to a Latin song (tango, merengue, bachata, salsa, cumbia, you name it!) with the support of a local dance instructor/studio, and will perform in front of a live audience and judges who will evaluate and choose a winner: The Mover & Shaker of the Year!
The Benjamin Mario Shadrick Foundation Co. is a non-profit Christian organization that seeks to ease the suffering of children. With the money raised, the foundation will build a self-sustaining orphanage in Mexico, providing a safe and healthy home to numerous Mexican children in need.
Maryland Hall, dedicated to Art for All, is a non-partisan, non-denominational, non-profit organization that convenes and engages all people—no matter age or background—in arts experiences that strengthen community. With the money raised, the organization will expand their programs and initiatives, reaching even more underserved families.
- Ryan Sneddon, Founder, Naptown Scoop
- Mary Spencer, President, Community Foundation of Anne Arundel County
- Chanel Compton, Executive Director, Banneker-Douglass Museum
- Steuart Pittman, Anne Arundel County Executive
- Laura Gutierrez, City of Annapolis Community Service Manager
- Frank Campbell, Managing Partner, Sims & Campbell
- Lisa D. B. Rodvien, Anne Arundel County District 6 Councilmember
- Sarah Elfreth, Maryland Senator
- Carl Snowden, Civil Rights Activist, Politician, Chairman of the Board of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Committee, Inc.
- Dr. Dawn Lindsay, President, Anne Arundel Community College
- Roxana Rodriguez, Owner, Caliente Grill
- Dr. Carol B. Sisco, Managing Partner, Sisco Associates; Chairman of the Board, Annapolis Maritime Museum & Park
- Gavin Buckley, Mayor of Annapolis
- Dana C. Jones, Maryland State Delegate
- Arthur Murray Dance Studio, Edgewater
- Ballet Theatre of Maryland
As part of our Movers and Shakers event (11/18), we are holding a raffle with an amazing prize: An All-Inclusive 4-Night Stay Trip to Los Cabos, Mexico! Tickets are only $25 and you can buy them directly from The Benjamin Mario Shadrick Foundation or at the Maryland Hall box office (in person).